Thursday, July 23, 2009

Snake Charmers

Whewff! That was an exciting night! Kenz and Ruth both got bit by a copperhead last night. Kenz got bit on the nose and somehow Ruth got bit on the leg. Boomer was the only big dog that didn't get bit and he's the one who always finds them! Poor Ruth couldn't even walk on her leg and Kenz cried last night when she tried to lay her head down to sleep. Poor girls! I thought Kenz had learned her lesson but I guess since this is the 6th time she's been bitten, she's not going to stop hunting them anytime soon. She usually catches the snake before Mom and Dad can get out there and boy does she take care of them. There are always multiple pieces that have to be picked up - eewwwww!

I guess now I understand why Mom won't let me and Poncho out in the evening or at night during the summer. I just thought she was being mean because one of my favorite things to do is go "swimming" in the monkey grass. But that's where the big kids keep finding snakes. Oh well, Mom gave them some medicine last night and they were both a little better this morning. Thank goodness it was just a baby snake this time. Last time Kenz got bit by a big one she was sick for days.

Mom started me on some new food the other day and boy is it good! She thinks maybe I'm getting fat from eating too much but I think it's the perfect amount. She says I'm driving her crazy about food because I keep pushing my bowl around but how else am I supposed to tell her I want more? She can't speak dog and I can't speak human (yet) so it's up to me to find a solution. What can I say? Pushing the bowl usually works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment